New to Specright: Release 17.0https://specright.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/working-on-macbook-pro-while-coworker-is-texting-1024x768.png 1024 768 Specright Specright https://specright.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/working-on-macbook-pro-while-coworker-is-texting-1024x768.png
We’re thrilled to announce some exciting new Specright features for our Specification Data Management Platform. Release 17.0 was designed to increase efficiency and give our users time back, while improving supply chain visibility and flexibility. Features include the new COMPASS Integration with TRAYAK, Spec Compare, and enhancements to Unit of Measure (UoM) Conversion and Visual Hierarchy.
We appreciate your continued feedback and input, as it allows us to enhance the usability and experience for all of our users.
Accelerate LCAs and Sustainability Reporting with COMPASS Integration
In our continuous effort to help our customers make reporting faster and put sustainability at the forefront of product development, you can now conduct Life Cycle Assessments (LCAs) on your finished products, directly from Specright. This integration seamlessly transfers key product data and components from Specright to COMPASS, allowing you to instantly calculate the environmental impact of your products.
Key capabilities include:
- Comparing data on multiple products at once
- Avoiding duplicate data entry with automatic data transfer for finished goods and their components
- Storing quick links so you can revisit analyses with a single click
- Accessing your COMPASS dashboard instantly from Specright with built-in Single Sign-On (SSO)
With real-time sustainability data at your fingertips and the ability to run LCAs on demand, you can save time while taking a more proactive approach to sustainability.
Save Time and Reduce Errors with Spec Compare
Until now, there wasn’t a feature to effectively compare specification data in Specright. The user would have to open each record in a separate browser tab, resize the tabs to fit the monitor, and scan through each field on both tabs to identify differences.
Spec Compare eliminates this by enabling an automatic visual side-by-side comparison of any two records of the same type, whether it’s formulas, ingredients, or packaging specs. Spec Compare highlights the differences between the two records for easy review, while following the field grouping and order in the record layout.
With Spec Compare, users can:
- Easily review any two records of the same type, that belong to the same object
- Reduce errors that arise from manual comparisons
- Simplify the new product development process by enabling easy comparison of multiple versions of the same spec
Reduce Manual Inputs and Automatically Perform Calculations with Unit of Measure Conversion – Textile Units
With this release, we’ve made it a lot easier for packaging engineers who work with textile specs to manage their specifications within Specright. The existing feature, UoM Conversion, allows weights and measures (length, width, height) to be displayed in both standard and metric UoM, with automatic conversion from one to the other. Say goodbye to time spent performing calculations and entering data, this enhancement extends this capability to include textile units of measure, such as dtex, NeC, ktex, gr/yd, TPI, TPM and hank.
- Automatic calculation from one UoM to another for textile specs
- Reduces manual entry effort and calculation errors
- Improves ease of use with multiple UoM’s represented side by side
Better Insight with Visual Hierarchy for Custom Objects
We’ve now enhanced the Visual Hierarchy feature to better support our customers using custom objects to manage their bill of materials and components.
The Visual Hierarchy feature renders a “tree view” of the sub assembly for a product. It visually represents the nested BOMs and components that make up a product, to highlight the hierarchy in relationships.
- Enables use of the Visual Hierarchy features on Custom Objects
- Intuitive representation of the tree view of nested BOMs and components, highlighting the hierarchy in relationships
- Better manage spec changes and pricing roll ups with a holistic view of your product
We hope these new features and capabilities help you continue to make amazing products. To learn more, reach out to your Customer Success Representative or [email protected].
Want to see Release 17.0 in action?
Watch the New Release Webinar to learn about the latest additions, including:
- COMPASS Integration. Instantly conduct Life Cycle Assessments on your finished products, so you can proactively report on sustainability.
- Spec Compare. Spec Compare allows users to easily review any two records of the same type belonging to the same object, enabling more seamless product improvement and innovation.
- Visual Hierarchy: Simplify spec changes with Visual Hierarchy. Visual Hierarchy provides a tree view of nested BOMs and components, showing the relationships between specs and helping key stakeholders stay on the same page during the development process.
- and More