With the end of 2022 fast approaching, the Specright Product and Engineering Teams are excited to announce several new features and capabilities in Release 20.0.
Improved Formulation Capabilities with Support for Nested Formulas & Ingredients
Our customers provided great feedback on our existing formulation module and we listened. The feature previously restricted formulas to being made up of ingredients only. The customer feedback was a need for sub-formulas or “nested” formulas to be stored and shared. The “Formula Connection” object now supports such a data model “out of the box” for both formulas and ingredients.
- Greater flexibility when it comes to creating and storing formulas and ingredients.
- The components of a formula or ingredient record can be viewed as a collapsable visual hierarchy.
- A “Where Used” view showing where a formula or ingredient is being used.
New Tools to Streamline Revision Management
Now there’s an easy way to track the different versions of specifications all in one place.
With this feature, we are streamlining the way different versions of a specification are managed and displayed in Specright. This feature is the first part of a multi-part rollout for Revision Management capabilities. This release will enable the following:
- New list page filter called Latest Revision - This filter will display only the latest version of specifications on the list page
- Revision History section - A new subsection on the specification for tracking all the revisions for that specification
- Reduce human error, ensuring users are working off of the most recent specification data.
- Better analysis and decision making since users can compare different versions to identify gaps, make corrections or improvements.
Spec Compare Feature Updated to Allow Comparing Up to Five Records at Once
Early this year, we released functionality to compare two specifications side by side. Based on the feedback we received from customers, we are now increasing the record count and allowing up to five records to be compared to each other at once. Users will continue to have the same options when comparing data for these records, such as showing only differences, or only similarities, or both.
- Reduce switching back and forth between screens when multiple records need to be compared, resulting in time savings and ease of use.
- Better decision making as up to 5 records can be compared and analyzed at once.
Maps: Visual Enhancement to Identify Different Supplier Types Easily
Specright Maps enables viewing all the suppliers of the customer on a map, showing their geographical location. This update brings differently colored markers for the suppliers, depending on their record type.(e.g. Customer, Plant, Contract Manufacturer, etc.)
- The different colors allocated to accounts of different types, such as Co-Man, Plant, Primary Supplier, Vendor, etc. means that the maps are easier to read.
- It gives users an easier way to locate just the kind of supplier they are looking for on the map.
Specright Network Enhancements
Specright Network is a revolutionary platform that seeks to redefine the way in which brands, suppliers, and retailers share data and collaborate to bring products to market. As we continue to develop the Specright Network, we are opening up access to select customers, as part of our Beta Partner Program.
With this release, we are adding the following features to Specright Network:
- Attachments Support: Specs shared on the Network can now include attachments.
- New Sustainability Fields & Multiple Materials Support: The specification templates for the Network are getting an update that includes a new sustainability section with recycled content and carbon emissions fields, and a materials section to capture granular information for multiple materials that make up the specification.
Artwork Viewer - Community Support
In the previous release (19.0), we introduced the Artwork Viewer for the customer login site. With this viewer, artwork file types AI, PSD, XD, SKETCH and XCF can now be previewed within the Specright platform itself. We’re excited to now bring this functionality to the Supplier Community portal as well.
Our goal is to always be innovating, improving and enhancing our patented Specification Data Management platform. To learn more about this release, watch our on-demand product release video on this release or contact us.