The Specright Product Team is excited to announce the first major release of 2023, with Release 21.0. This release includes a wide variety of new features, as well as enhancements that are all focused on enabling our customers to do more with the Specification Data Management (SDM) platform and realize business benefits faster.
Release 21.0 includes the following features and enhancements…
New Data Insights Module to Easily Identify Data Gaps
In this release, we are unveiling the new “Data Insights” module which will house any and all data analysis features provided by Specright for customers in the past (such as IQ) and any new ones going forward. The first of which is a reporting feature called Data Completeness.
Customers will be able to run a completeness report on whichever objects, record types, and fields they configure in their Data Insights settings. After configuring their settings and running the report, customers will receive an email notifying them that their report is ready. The finished report will display the field completion and record completion status as a whole and broken down by their selected objects. This will allow customers to eliminate data gaps by aiding them in identifying where such gaps exist.
What are the Key Benefits of Data Insights-Data Completeness?
- This feature will enable customers to quickly identify where gaps in their data are. Future updates will allow inline edits on the report.
- Configurable for objects, record types and fields to include in the analysis
Revision Management: Update Related Associations
In Release 20.0, we launched the following two capabilities as part of phase 1 to streamline the way different versions of a record are displayed in Specright:
- New List View called Latest Revisions
- Revision History Section to track all the revisions for a spec
In this release, we have added an option on the Custom Supersede screen to easily update new revisions on related associations. If the user chooses this option, the newly created version will be updated on the selected connections and any old connections would be deleted. This way at any given time only the latest version will be kept on selected related list connections.
What are the key benefits of Revision Management?
Operational efficiency and improved productivity: Users can see improved efficiency as the newly created version is automatically updated on the related connections and it also removes any previous connections. This saves user the time to manually remove any previous connections to show only the latest version connection.
Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) Now Includes Multiple Page COAs
Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) helps to extract information from documents using computer vision and machine learning. In this release we have enhanced the document support for Certificates of Assurance (COA’s) and have added the capability to extract COA information from multiple pages. In addition, if there are multiple COA’s having different lot numbers present on the same file then those will also be extracted from the document.
The revised review screen will have following new updates:
- Extracted information for each COA will be displayed in separate tabs on the review screen. It will have the top level COA and test results from the associated page.
- There will be a new “Mark for Submission” checkbox for each COA tab which will allow users to decide whether that specific page contains the valid data and should be considered for final record creation or not
We have also added the ability for users to exclude specific pages from final submission. This will allow users to avoid capturing data that is not useful to them.
What are the key benefits of IDP Multi-Page Support?
- Extracting additional COA’s from multi-page documents will save users data entry time as they do not have to enter the additional information manually
- This feature improvement supports several new multi-page multi-coa’s and single page multi-coa templates. This will enable IDP to extract COA information with better accuracy for customers that use such COA templates and formats.
Facility Lines and Machinery Specs Now in SDM
We are releasing new Machinery and Line objects to allow customers to manage their machinery and line specifications. These can be tied to an account in the system as well as many other objects. Out of the box linkages include:
- Machinery to Facility Lines
- Machines to Ingredients
- Machines to Formulas
- Machines to Specifications
- Machines to Finished Goods
- Machines to Quality
- Facility Lines to Ingredients
- Facility Lines to Formulas
- Facility Lines to Specifications
- Facility Lines to Finished Goods
- Facility Lines to Quality
What are the key benefits of having Machinery Specs in Specright’s SDM Platform?
- This feature allows customers to manage their machinery and line specifications which can include:
- Machine/Line capabilities
- Maintenance schedules
- Asset tracking
- Users can link ingredients to machines/lines and roll allergen data up to allow for more enhanced allergen flagging, link packaging specifications to see what machines and lines a given item can run on or what it is compatible with, and link quality issues to specific machines/lines and the utilize data to assess machine/line performance.
Out-of-the-Box Net Zero Cloud Integration
This Specright extension package creates out-of-the-box connections between the Specright and Net Zero Cloud data models.
Specright already stores product, packaging and bill of material data that is associated with suppliers. Companies can leverage this data to jumpstart their organization-wide emissions reporting effort on the product level.
What are the key benefits of Net Zero Cloud integration?
- Expands Scope 3 emissions collection opportunities for companies tracking Scope 1 & Scope 2 emissions with Salesforce’s Net Zero Cloud
- Specright’s bill of materials allows users to evaluate Scope 3 Product Carbon Footprints using either Specright or Net Zero Cloud data source
Composite API Now Part of the Specright API Catalog
The Composite API is a new addition to the Specright API catalog. The regular API requests allow a CRUD operation on a single object. The Composite API allows sending a request that can act on multiple, related records at once.
What are the key benefits of Composite API?
- Customer spec data is typically stored across multiple object records. An integration that needs to act on this type of data would require multiple requests. The Composite API can simplify integrations by reducing the number of requests required to act on such spec data that resides across multiple records.
Link Finished Goods with Multi-Level BOMs
We are introducing a singular object which allows for connections between Spec Family (often referred to as Finished Goods) and Specification records as well as connections between themselves. This allows users to link a Finished Good alongside other Specifications in a singular related list to create a clear Bill of Material.
What are the key benefits of this update?
- Previously, managing multi-level BOMs required three connection objects to link all of the data together. This means fewer objects to maintain on the backend as well, simplifying integrations.
- The feature also enables a cleaner UI experience for end users.
Specright Specification Data Management Enhancements
Formulations - Allergens Enhancements
We’ve upgraded the architecture of allergens within Specright’s formulations module to allow for roll ups from Ingredients to Finished Goods. This new architecture paves the way to make further improvements to the Formulation Module in the future. Customers can track additional things like claims alongside allergens and roll that data up to Finished Goods.
What are the key benefits of Allergens Enhancements?
- Enables customers to capture allergens as specifications in the system, making it easier for them to find all instances of allergens rather than having to run a report to find the necessary data.
- This paves the way for us to integrate with databases like the FDA in the future to pull industry allergens as well as any recalls.
TOPS Integration - Flexible Mapping Support
Specright integration with TOPS Pro gets an important update in the form of flexible mapping support. Earlier, the specification data for the primary, intermediate, shipper and pallet levels could only be mapped to a single record. With this update the various data attributes for any of these levels can be fetched from the main record as well as the associated finished good record or the junction between the two records.
What are the key benefits of this update?
- This update simplifies the initial implementation of the integration. By having the data be fetched directly from associated records, the need to set up rollup fields for that data is eliminated.
Artwork Viewer: Switch File Orientation
In previous releases, we introduced the Artwork Viewer feature, allowing users to preview AI, PSD, XD, SKETCH, and XCF files directly within Specright. With this latest release, we have enhanced the Artwork Viewer by adding a new capability that allows users to rotate the files. Users can simply use the escape button on the preview panel and use the top navigation menu (Image>Transform) to rotate the file as needed.
What are the key benefits of this update?
- This feature eliminates the need to download an artwork file and manually update its orientation to view it.
Our goal is to always be innovating, improving and enhancing our patented Specification Data Management platform. To learn more about this release, watch our on-demand video on this product release or contact us.